Friday 15 January 2016

PARENTAL ADVICE, WHAT TO TAKE IN

Most of the times, I must admit that I have been approached by women older than me, or younger, of course it is not a bad thing to advice someone on how to handle their kid. On the other hand, it is wrong to tell someone otherwise on how to handle their kid(s).


Be resourceful, don't just listen

Long ago, last year, I was on my routine clinic visits, a woman, almost same age as me, 20s, approached me and told me that my baby would develop rickety legs because I was carrying her on a baby carrier. At first I was perplexed, but wait a minute, my doctor and other reliable baby sites say that you can carry the baby from day one as long as the head is in good position. I am a modern mum, an online mum. Most of research I do it online. I also get to hear what other mums say on various baby products, weigh it out then see what to do. For instance, my early days as a mom were so wild, my baby, Shuneta, was so fussy, she screamed a lot.

I forgot, do not bash people who give you advice, it might help you. Do not show any sign of rudeness.

-Do not forget to say thank you, i.e say, Thank you for the piece of information, this evening I will discuss it with my husband and decide if we should do that.

-That sounds great! And though it may work for others, it sadly won’t work for me.

-That is interesting. I will talk to my pediatrician about it and get back to you.

Take advantage


On your routine visits to the clinics, take advantage of the trained personnel. The nurses are at your service. They are resourceful. They have had babies. They know what you have gone through, from pushing, lacking milk, sore nipples, name them.

Say your baby is turning 6 months, they can sufficiently give you advice on how to introduce solid foods to your baby.

They can even guide you on what family planning method to take.




No comments:

Post a Comment