Saturday 16 January 2016

TYPES OF MOMS, WHO ARE YOU?

I have been a wife and  a mother, for close to a year now. Life has not been that smooth. From pregnancy to childbirth, I have met women, who have become my friends, some have changed into total enemies, some fr-enemies, some have hung up on me, even worse have back-stabbed me.

Here is my compilation of types of moms;


 The Perfect Mom

According to her she is doing everything OK. Every morning she tidies the room, disinfects the baby toys every time it comes into contact with anything, even when it comes into contact with another.

She will always pick up on you once she pays you a visit. She will ask you why you prefer napkins over diapers. She will even tell it on your face that you are not doing it right just because you are using a spoon to mash baby’s food instead of using a blender, which you do not have. We are not the same, never shall we be the same. But I am OK with it. She even questions why you do not have a stock of wet wipes to clean baby’s face and butt, because clearly, you are using a liner dipped inside water, which is OK to me.



The Mean Mom

However you try you will never get her compliment.

I have had an experience with mean moms almost every other day. Children are so unique. Some are early bloomers whereas some are late bloomers. My daughter is 11 months and she hasn’t walked independently, yet she clutches on objects to help her move around. You do not have to tell me on my face that yours walked at six months; even worse tell me that she is a late bloomer. It makes me feel bad for my baby. Please.

At the end of the day, babies take their time. The longer the baby takes to learn how to walk, babble, the better. Let the little God-given creatures enjoy their time, they will never be the same again.


The Backstabbing Mom

We love to vent a lot as women. It is a way of half-solving our problems. I share with you something so confidential say about my unstable marriage, let alone my financial woes. As soon as I leave your presence, I can hear you alert Mama Shiko that you have something to tell her, really? You were supposed to be my confidant.

The Insensitive Mom

This type of mom is so rude and heartless. She has no maternal sensitivity in her. She does not care much about how you feel. She spits of venom. She never weighs on comments before she speaks.
Today she will tell you that your stretch marks will never fade for as long as you try. The next time she will ask you to try a new cream or lotion in the market which may cost you a fortune.


The Judgemental Mom

Hey judgemental mom, this cold season from my savings I went to Gikomba and bought my daughter some lovely sweaters, mittens, socks and cute dresses. They cost me less than Shs2000 and I am happy. It was not in my means to buy brandies from Biashara Street. Those Wahindis can be expensive at times.

The Toxic Mom
-She is cruel.
-She can't deal with not being in the limelight.
-She does not respect your privacy/boundaries.
-She dismisses your negative feelings and thinks you should stop whining and get something to do.

XOXO

Which type of mom are you? Let’s get talking…

No comments:

Post a Comment