Tuesday 15 September 2015

HOUSE HELPS, THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE

Episode 1 - Mboch Diaries

Looking for a househelp is hectic, it is cumbersome, frustrating, effortless and even heart-breaking.

Nowadays, thanks to technology and a new era, after completing basic 8-4-4 education, one enrolls for computer classes while others prefer both computer and driving classses. Myself, I did only computer after completing form four. Driving baadaye.

Si I wake up as usual, then find a missed call from my baby daddy. He is working outside town and tells me to start looking for a mboch (Househelp). I lengesha the storo saying it is still early. After a week is when I gundua, Ghai, am almost going back to work na sina mboch. I start making calls, I ask madhee if she can get me someone to chill with my baby during the day, she gives me a number of a neighbour's daughter who has completed fourth form. We talk with the girl and she agrees to come. Two days later her phone goes incognito and the storo dies like that.

As I head to the groceries, I meet a crertain kamboch kamshamba kwa stairs, she looks so hardworking. I task her to look for me a househelp. In the evening she says that she has gotten someone. I  shuka downstairs from fourth floor to buy credo only to call and she is mteja. God, Why Me? I lament.

The following day, the same mboch who I tasked to look for me a househelp knocks at my door. This time she says that amepata mtu. ''Huyu msichana tunaongelelea tulisoma naye primary school, but mimi nilitransfer, so hatukumaliza na yeye, but yeye ni mzuri hakuji kukusumbua sumbua kama wengine, she said. Sasa shida ni ati hana fare ya kumtoa Western akuje Nairobi. So I mpesa that girl and the following evening she tells me amepanda Mbukinya, so I should chill her in the morning at Country Bus kwa sababu hiyo ndiyo stage ya Mbukinya. Deal sealed.


No comments:

Post a Comment