Tuesday 15 September 2015

LOVE IS GROWING

Chilling with Shun after work
I normally leave work at 3 p.m. Starting 2.30 p.m, I am itching to shut down my computer so as to catch up with the nearest bus to go see my munchkin. I am not planning to stop anywhere, my first stop should be at home. I do not want to waste even a single second. At 2.55 p.m, I am closing tabs, the Mozilla Firefox tab, Internet Explorer, since I am working on Chrome, I leave it open. I am carefully closing Microsoft Word and Excel Sheets that I have been working on from 7 a.m.

As it clocks 2.59 p.m., my computer is shutting down. I dandia a Citi Hoppa Bus that takes me to my destination where I dandia another matatu. I want to fly and see her. How has she been? Has she been wailing the whole day? Was she given water after eating food? She constipated the other day and it was hell. She cried before she pooped, not so soft poop. Did she wake up because I left her sleeping in the morning?


I arrive at home precisely 4 p.m. The house is upside down, moreso the kitchen, let alone baby's dirty nappies. But first things first, I breast feed her for 45 minutes, give her a 10 minute break then we embark on playing. Our play involves, humming, clapping hide-and-seek. We then catch up with the 4.30 p.m sunset. Our love is growing.

So I fetch water and continue washing her nappies and tidying up the house as she moves with the help of her walker. She is moving so fast so I have to be careful, she might fall downstairs, God Forbid! By now she already knows me, she can smell me meters away. Soon it is clocking 6 p.m. Time to start preparing her food. I peel a good portion of butternut, carrots and white Irish potatoes. It is slowly cooking. In 25 minutes time, it is ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment