Tuesday 10 November 2015

THE TIGER STRIPES

Pregnancy is beautiful. The thought of it gives me goosebumps. It is magical. Unimaginable how that baby develops inside a mother's tummy for 40+ weeks.

Courtesy
So today I am going to talk about tiger stripes aka stretch marks. According to an online site, Baby CentreStretch marks are caused by your skin stretching as you gain weight during pregnancy. They usually appear as pink, red or purple-tinged lines on your tummy, bottom, thighs and breasts. Mine are dark.

During my pregnancy, I didn't apply Bio Oil, or other creams which make stretch marks disappear or fade. I had no idea. But on one or two occasions, I applied lotion on the area around my belly when I remembered. So now, since I have them, I fancy them. I cannot complain because when I look at the tiger stripes, then look at my daughter, I understand why I am the way I am.  I love them the way they are. They don't bother me. They are not itchy. I am just OK, with them. 


Here are some photos I compiled of my tiger stripes.



 Here are some remedies to stretch marks if you find them a bother. An online site,http://www.myhealthtips.in/  gives an outline on how to rid pregnancy stretch marks.


How To Avoid Stretch Marks During Pregnancy


Drink a lot of water to keep hydrated, it is good for the skin. This should be accompanied by an anti-oxidant rich black, white or green tea.

Keep the body rejuvenated by walking and doing aerobics regularly. This helps blood circulation.

Rub Vaseline Intensive Care Cream on stomach during pregnancy.

During pregnancy, massage regularly your whole body with either Olive or Bio oil before taking bath. It reduces chances of getting stretch marks.

Maintain a healthy lifestyle by incorporating Vitamin C, Vitamin E and proteins in your diet. This helps in tissue repair and growth.
Exfoliate the probable affected areas of the skin like your stomach, thighs, chest during pregnancy by regular massage with oils. Moisturizing your skin with natural ingredients helps in enhancing the elasticity of the epidermis.

Quick and easy remedies to scrub off Tiger Stripes

Potato Juice

Take a medium-size potato and cut it into two-halves. Take one piece and rub it on the stretch marks. See that the juice gets soak into the skin.  Then wash it off with water.

Sugar Scrub 

Sugar scrub is another remedy for stretch marks. Mix 1 Tbsp of sugar with few drops of lemon juice and a small amount of almond oil. Mix it well. Now apply this mixture on your stretch marks. This scrub exfoliates your dead skin. Do this every day before take your bath. Watch your stretch marks reducing.


Thanks for passing by.

No comments:

Post a Comment