Tuesday 2 February 2016

MERCI BEAUCOUP




In a  society of ‘nipe nikupe’ and everything ends there, rarely do we find an opportunity to come back and say, thank you, by the way I found that product useful. Or maybe you should adjust the pointer of that product because it is not 100% effective. So today being my daughter’s birthday, I drafted this note, rather thank you piece to thank all these wonderful people.

Early days

Today marks the day my darling daughter was born, 02/02/15. I would like to thank the staff of Metropolitan Hospital, Buruburu, Eastland’s finest hospital, you did a great job, she is now a year, pass my regards to Dr. Mbaluka, he is a good gynaecologist. To my Insurance Agency, Resolution Insurance, for footing my bill, a whopping 0.075 million for my delivery, more reason for my readers to insure their health, thank you. The three days I spent there were awesome. I ate good food, the nurses were warm, the caterers and above all the services were satisfactory.

Baba Shun. This guy has been with me through thick and thin. My oh my! One day I will write a long post about him.

Mama mbogas. These women/men who sell us groceries were also key in our growth. Waking up in the morning and bringing vegetables from the market thus reducing the distance I would travel on my own is such thumbs up. Continue doing your thing.

The journey has not been easy but with these partners every milestone; every step on my baby’s growth is/was well sorted. Pampers gave my daughter a good sleep time. Then came Huggies, Huggies hugged her during those cold nights. Bouncy boosted her bum, Snuggles shone Shun during the sunny days, yet again when my pocket became so deep, I used the low-budget diapers such as Phoenix, Bebe-Dou and Softcare.

Momeasy products, such as bottles, feeders, breast pumps also boosted me. The pump was so useful when I left my maternity leave came to an end. It helped me pump and store milk appropriately.

When she clocked six months, I knocked at Kirinyaga Flour Mills door. Who doesn’t know this place when it comes to milling the finest flour, name it, uji flour, ugali flour, cereals, sugarcane juice, the list is endless. Rice porridge is sweet, I prepared her and she grew chubby. Thank you. Until now, I am a proud, faithful KFM customer.

Biashara Street has always been my favourite spot whenever I am in town, more specifically Roopam Shop. The shop has all baby items that you can ever think of, from baby walkers, hair bands, diapers, shoes, socks, basins, clothes, and wet wipes, basically everything. It has been my partner all along.

Open air-markets. When things were too tough, I resolved to buy some items from the market, particularly Gikomba. Babies outgrow clothes too fast. You cannot imagine buying a romper at Sh1200 whereas you can buy a whole bale of rompers at that price, not being mean but thinking like a tight-budget person.

There is this hospital in Kawangware, Nyina wa Mumbi Hospital, where I check in on my monthly routine visits. It gives me joy that when I place my munchkin on the weighing scale, she has always added something, like 0.2 grams, or better a kilogram.


All PSVs from day 1, Umoinner, 103, Kinoo route, the list is endless. Uber taxi...

All the advice I got on google, mama, grandma, from friends, family friends, sisters-in-law, father-in-law went a long way. Thank you.


Will expound on the list, am a little bit excited, wouldn't type a lot. It's her birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment