Monday 18 April 2016

LET GIRLS BE

I am really nosy in nature, maybe that explains why I write. I love gossip threads on the social threads. Especially that including celebrities, powerful people and the people I know. I gossip about people here. I don't do it verbally but I do it in writing. I have been lucky to interact with ladies for sometime now. They are all over me than the male counterparts. While I was in primary school, it taught me a lot, I got to see other girls naked as we showered outside in those early hours of the day.

I got to see how each one was so different. Some had started developing boobs and didn't want to be noticed, so they walked around with bent shoulders as if they were bouncers at a club. Some had really sharp boobs that kept  poking one when we were on the queue. Some had flat chests. Some had flat bums, some round bums. Some had it all. I kept observing everything even as we showered some hurriedly splashed water on their lady parts and avoided the cold water from reaching the back. I realized some had pubic hair that covered the whole of their lady parts, some had nothing on that area.

Fast forward, in high school the same thing was happening but here in a more advanced level. Girls were too private with themselves. One would go bathing with a towel unlike in primary school when we would strip naked and go to the bathroom. Here people had started menstruating and things were really moving fast. Education was getting more serious. It happens that here everyone is from different part of the country unlike in primary school where most of us were from the same region.

There is Lonah from Pokot, she's so dark, she never applies any oil on her face apart from Vaseline. You know that shiny face a dark person  achieves from applying Vaseline, that's Lonah. Sometimes I am tempted to give her a call and ask if she has started using any other oil on her face apart from Vaseline. I later learnt that she's studying Nutrition at Kenyatta University.

Here is Mercy Chepkorir, this girl is funny. No, she is sick. Yaani every time boys set feet at our school, that evening she gets hysterical. You should have heard her cry out... Owada I was even afraid to come close to her fearing it would be contagious. If I had her number I would jokingly ask her, Mercy umepona? She wouldn't even connect the dots.

Onto Daisy, she is so clever in sciences and maths, her Swahili and English grades are not so cool. She is the complete opposite of me. We are good friends and we have been suspended from school like twice. Later Daisy's bro starts to tune me. So my sister in law to be knows me inside out. No way! Atanichomea.

Then there was Sharon, a well composed girl, a B material, she was neat at all times. Besides, she had the best hips in the entire class. But the problem was ati hana boobs. I checked her WhatsApp profile photo today and I see breasts. So they grew.

Evaline, used to get her grades via the wrong method. She was a prefect and used to copy from exercise books and textbooks. She had a nerve. I don't even know the grade she finally scored in the final KCSE exam, let alone the college she managed to go.

Carren is happy in western doubling up as a nurse. She was amongst the small bodied girls in class. She is born again. Every Sunday on her Facebook and WhatsApp, there are always Bible scriptures posted. She's just good. She is kind hearted.

This brings me to Judy aka Ceejay, the girl with a baby face. She used to be hit on  by boys and received letters every other day a symposium was held at our school. Many girls in my class were secretly jealous of her. Judy btw Mizram ako wapi nowadays? Did you guys continue with the relationship?

The girl who sat in front of me Cynthia, she was a pint size, now she's a grown ass woman. We met once at Utawala and she took me to her uncle's house which I highly doubt.

Teclar was arrogant. She had brown teeth. Both her upper and lower incisors were brown. I don't know if it's the water or what. Or maybe someone looked at her with bad eyes when she was young.

I remember once as we were relocating from form three to form four, people ran so fast that one would hurt their legs to book space, where one would sit the entire year, people even cried because of space. I comfortably placed my locker at the far end where I would sleep and  no one would bother me. Shule ilinishinda kitambo. (Insert kisii accent). I could see the thirst for education  thus the scramble for space.

Maureen was our head girl. And when it came to chemistry she was a badass. Let alone math. She excelled in everything. Sometimes I wondered why she wanted to beat me in kiswahili yet I had left all the other subjects for her. Some years back we met at the University of Nairobi, where both of us are students, the only difference is she's studying medicine while I am at a B.A. (Haters from the Engineering field and Medicine say Bachelor of Anything).  Haidhuru. She had a flat bum and a saggy chest.

Beatrice, my desk mate, had just come to repeat after scoring a B upon the first attempt. In the second attempt she scored a clean A-. Mimi hata ningepewa hiyo B first attempt, why would I come back!!!

Lilian was a silent girl who was an SDA official. Since we left school, I have never heard of her. Hata kidogo. She also had kinda a massive chest.

Sometimes I am tempted to ask Joyce Chepkirui if her cousin Lorna still  eats cabbage and milk plus ugali because she never touched githeri in high school since she had ulcers. There are some goons who would lie that they don't take githeri only to come and swap a little cabbage and ugali with githeri. And we loved it that way.


I am not mentioning names here. There were two girls, sat together, they used to giraffe on other people's paper during tests. They were always average, they scored B minuses and C+ when things were tough. I wonder where they are now. But one is in one private university in Central Kenya. Rumor has it that she is studying to become a teacher. This one I am sure she'll catch students who are cheating in exam because she was in their shoes years ago.

How can I forget Sheila. When us naughty ones would talk about boys, she looked with Christian Union eyes. She was so staunch. She knew nothing about boys other than what we were taught in class. That diagram showing the male reproductive system complete with balls. She was also appointed as a prefect, games prefect, due to her small, flexible body. When I visited my gang at Kenyatta University last year, I saw Sheila pregnant. Goodness me! I almost lost my consciousness. I remembered those high school days when she led the CU choir that song, Ni wewe yesu nimebaki nawe, ni wewe yesu nitasonga nawe, she used to solo this song so well alongside her cousin who is now a police officer! I wondered where she dropped Jesus.

Dear reader, we were close to 50 something girls in our stream alone. I am in the process of digging out for other members. Thanks for passing by. Always a pleasure seeing my number of readers grow hata kama wengi wenu ni ghost readers. Haidhuru.

No comments:

Post a Comment