Tuesday 12 April 2016

THE DILEMMA

God just give me a sign. I just can't imagine, even in my wildest dreams, that I am going to be pregnant again. I cannot fathom. I just can't bear the guilt and shame of being pregnant again. I have a baby who is still breastfeeding. How now! It's seven days over due. My period could have happened like six days ago. Hell no! Hell no! I just cannot stand the stress of another pregnancy! Another nine months. God! Why me? I know I am at fault for clinging to that myth which says while breastfeeding you cannot get pregnant again! I was stupid to let that guy in without protection.... A girl's mind is full of these unending questions. If there is one miracle I need right now is wake up in the morning and get my white sheets with red patches of blood. After that, I will never do it again! Never!

But hey chic, let me relieve you some load. It's normally assumed that both the man and woman are responsible in planning the family. Truth is, it is the woman who is tasked with that role. For example a woman is required to visit the hospital at six weeks after birth so as to vaccinate the baby and in the process, a woman will either be injected or given her own family planning method preference.

Never wait for a man to speak up on matters related to family planning. He doesn't even remember Hun. Talk of a missed period, he wouldn't even be bothered. Instead he'll take you for a dumbass who doesn't know her cycle and it's none of his business.

These days women have embraced family planning as a way of living. I do not see a reason why you should sit somewhere alone thinking or guessing that you could be pregnant. If you are not ready to go the family way, I beg you, get to know these things.

There are morning after pills, rings, IUDs, the famous jadella, mirena, yaani you'll be spoilt for choices. You can even tie your tubes if you already have your desired number of babies. If such methods are way too much for you, there are male and female condoms. I am just sick and tired of friends who text me to ask for advice on what to do with their three months old foetuses. Keep the poor things.




No comments:

Post a Comment